The Internet may be good for buying books or ordering pizza, but is it really the right tool to use when looking for a real estate agent? The answer to that question is an unequivocal yes! Even though many people still rely upon referrals from friends and family, more and more are turning to the internet when looking for their ideal real estate agent.
Why look for a real estate agent online?
- It’s easy
- It’s convenient
- Allows you to explore a wide range of options and personalities
- You can negotiate with real estate agent anonymously to ensure you are getting the best services for the best price
Finding the right real estate agent can be challenging – not everyone knows of a good one they can refer and many people are too shy to walk in to a real estate office without an introduction. Therefore, going online to look for a real estate agent is not only practical but, for some, the only available option.
Did you know:
- 90% of homebuyers used the Internet when searching for their ideal property?
- As an example, a search of “Denver real estate” on 01. July 2011 returned 2,670,000 websites?
Using the Internet to search for your real estate agent provides you with a number of advantages that simply never existed before. By eliminating the awkwardness of a face-to-face pressure sales meeting, you can learn more about your options and feel free to discuss your concerns, needs and also compare which agents are offering what services and the variations of fees that are available. The best way to explain it really, is that it’s “kinda like online dating“. You get to explore your options without any pressure tactics.
The benefits of searching for real estate agents online:
- It’s free!
- By cross-comparing, you can ensure you are meeting the right real estate agents
- You can check to see if those real estate agents you have been referred to are really the right real estate agent for you (anonymously)
- You don’t have to deal with pressure sales tactics
- You can do it on your own time, when you’re comfortable
- Learn more about what you are looking for; let’s call it, self-discovery
- Get a feel for who is going to respond to your questions, not just push their services on you
We could go on, but the list of benefits just keeps going.
What about those real estate agents I’ve been referred to?
We’re certain it’s happened to us all, at least those who have looking into buying or selling a house. You have a friend, or a friend of a friend who has someone in their family, or a friend that they’ve worked with as their real estate agent in the past. And of course, you feel a bit of pressure to work with them and you might hear things like: “How could you not want to work with Joe? He was great for us, and frankly he’d be hurt if he knew you had doubts”.
That’s exactly why you should turn to the internet for help. By having the option of inviting real estate agents you know (something you can do while creating your profile at Sundaybell) to answer your questions, you can ensure that you are making a good decision by comparing what “Joe” might have to offer, versus other real estate agents in your area. And, you are anonymous…so no one has to feel the pressure and you are in control with no obligation.
The internet has transformed the way we do business and the real estate industry is no exception. The control is shifting back to consumers, who can now decide who they want to work with, what services they want and how much to pay for them. It’s really a no-brainer: in the search for your ideal real estate agent, the Internet is one of the best tools you’ll ever have.
Sundaybell is an online service allowing homebuyers and home sellers the opportunity of learning more about real estate and meeting and interviewing real estate agents in their area while remaining anonymous.